Drawn from my personal experience so far, I would classify the following as the Top 5 areas for successful Technology Management :
1. Idea management – This is not Tech Gossip, it’s more about providing some sort of support / hub for idea incubation.
2. If you have an idea, there exists a good chance that 99 % of the world around you would have thought about it already. So, why not collaborate, brainstorm and take the idea to reality?
3. Idea failure does not equal Person failure
4. It’s not about My Idea, it’s about Our Idea
5. Persist – You fail only when you give up.