This year is predicted to be a year that could see an encouraging number of Startups and Mid Sized companies looking out for exciting talent in the Web Application Engineering Technology Domain. Based on the current demand in the Industry for Product Development, the application frameworks listed below are rated high in terms of improving one’s career prospects in 2013. Let’s take a look at them.
Android is the world’s most popular mobile platform. With Android you can use all the Google apps you know and love, plus there are more than 600,000 apps and games available on Google Play to keep you entertained, alongside millions of songs and books, and thousands of movies. Android devices are already smart, and will only get smarter, with new features you won’t find on any other platform, letting you focus on what’s important and putting you in control of your mobile experience.
iOS is the world’s most advanced mobile operating system, continually redefining what people can do with a mobile device. Together, the iOS SDK and Xcode IDE make it easy for developers to create revolutionary mobile apps.Derived from core OS X technologies, the amazing user experience of iOS has been streamlined to take maximum advantage of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch hardware. Technologies shared between iOS and OS X include the OS X kernel, BSD sockets for networking, and Objective-C and C/C++ compilers for native performance.
HTML5 is a cooperation between the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and the Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WHATWG). WHATWG was working with web forms and applications, and W3C was working with XHTML 2.0. In 2006, they decided to cooperate and create a new version of HTML.
Some rules for HTML5 were established:
- Reduce the need for external plugins (like Flash)
- Better error handling
- More markup to replace scripting
- HTML5 should be device independent
- The development process should be visible to the public
- The <canvas> element for 2D drawing
- The <video> and <audio> elements for media playback
- Support for local storage
- New content-specific elements, like <article>, <footer>, <header>, <nav>, <section>
- New form controls, like calendar, date, time, email, url, search
Zend Framework 2 is an open source framework for developing web applications and services using PHP 5.3+. Zend Framework 2 uses 100% object-oriented code and utilises most of the new features of PHP 5.3, namely namespaces, late static binding, lambda functions and closures.
CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework built for PHP coders who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications. If you’re a developer who lives in the real world of shared hosting accounts and clients with deadlines, and if you’re tired of ponderously large and thoroughly undocumented frameworks, then CodeIgniter might be a good fit.
Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.
The Django framework
- Object-relational mapper – Define your data models entirely in Python. You get a rich, dynamic database-access API for free — but you can still write SQL if needed.
- Automatic admin interface – Save yourself the tedious work of creating interfaces for people to add and update content. Django does that automatically, and it’s production-ready.
- Elegant URL design – Design pretty, cruft-free URLs with no framework-specific limitations. Be as flexible as you like.
- Template system – Use Django’s powerful, extensible and designer-friendly template language to separate design, content and Python code.
- Cache system – Hook into memcached or other cache frameworks for super performance — caching is as granular as you need.
Spring is the most popular application development framework for enterprise Java™. Millions of developers use Spring to create high performing, easily testable, reusable code without any lock-in.Spring enables you to focus on your business problem rather than the plumbing that connects components and systems.
SPRING KEY BENEFITS
- Modularity – Plain old Java Objects keep your code concise, simple and modular
- Productivity – Over 70% of developers report productivity gains and reduction in time to deploy with Spring
- Portability – Applications run on Tomcat, all Java EE servers as well as cloud platforms
- Testability – Cleanly expressed dependencies make unit and integration testing easier
Magento is a feature-rich eCommerce platform built on open-source technology that provides online merchants with unprecedented flexibility and control over the look, content and functionality of their eCommerce store. Magento’s intuitive administration interface features powerful marketing, search engine optimization and catalog-management tools to give merchants the power to create sites that are tailored to their unique business needs. Designed to be completely scalable and backed by Varien’s support network, Magento offers companies the ultimate eCommerce solution.
opentaps Open Source ERP + CRM is a fully integrated application suite that brings together top-tier open source projects to help you manage your business more effectively. Today, opentaps supports ecommerce, Customer Relationship Management, Warehouse and Inventory Management, Supply Chain Management, and Financial Management to Business Intelligence and mobility integration out-of-the-box.
Ruby on Rails
Rails is a web application development framework written in the Ruby language. It is designed to make programming web applications easier by making assumptions about what every developer needs to get started. It allows you to write less code while accomplishing more than many other languages and frameworks. Experienced Rails developers also report that it makes web application development more fun.
Rails is opinionated software. It makes the assumption that there is a “best” way to do things, and it’s designed to encourage that way – and in some cases to discourage alternatives. If you learn “The Rails Way” you’ll probably discover a tremendous increase in productivity. If you persist in bringing old habits from other languages to your Rails development, and trying to use patterns you learned elsewhere, you may have a less happy experience.
The Rails philosophy includes several guiding principles:
- DRY – “Don’t Repeat Yourself” – suggests that writing the same code over and over again is a bad thing.
- Convention Over Configuration – means that Rails makes assumptions about what you want to do and how you’re going to do it, rather than requiring you to specify every little thing through endless configuration files.
- REST is the best pattern for web applications – organizing your application around resources and standard HTTP verbs is the fastest way to go.
MongoDB (from “humongous”) is a scalable, high-performance, open source NoSQL database. Written in C++, MongoDB features:
- Document-Oriented Storage » JSON-style documents with dynamic schemas offer simplicity and power.
- Full Index Support » Index on any attribute, just like you’re used to.
- Replication & High Availability » Mirror across LANs and WANs for scale and peace of mind.
- Auto-Sharding » Scale horizontally without compromising functionality.
- Querying » Rich, document-based queries.
- Fast In-Place Updates » Atomic modifiers for contention-free performance.
- Map/Reduce » Flexible aggregation and data processing.
- GridFS » Store files of any size without complicating your stack.
- Commercial Support » Enterprise class support, training, and consulting available.